FOR ANY COURSE YOU CHOOSE, GET FREE 1 YEAR ACCESS TO OVER 100 IT ONLINE TRAINING…
Contact us on 44(0)1224491224 to get up to 60% discount on bundles.
What is Authentication?
Authentication is the process of determining if someone or something is who or what it says it is. In other words, authentication is a way of controlling access in or out of an environment.
In this two-day course students will gain experience in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting network authentication. Key topics include installation, client configuration, users authentication, and Certificates
The following are recommended, but not required:
- Working knowledge of networking concepts
- Knowledge of UDP and TCP/IP
- Basic knowledge of LDAP protocols
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for network engineers, support personnel, reseller support, and anyone responsible for implementing radius servers.
What you would learn
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define the role of a RADIUS server.
- Describe authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) .
- Describe the flow of traffic in a RADIUS environment.
- Identify the components in a typical RADIUS packet.
- Identify RADIUS attributes and their functions.
- Describe shared secrets and their role.
- Identify the protocols used for authenticating end users.
- Describe RADIUS accounting.
- Protocol (LDAP) databases for authentication.
- Configure LDAP authentication for SBR Carrier.
- Describe the purpose of attributes, check lists, and return lists.
- Describe how to implement check lists and return lists.
- Describe filters and their purpose.
- Describe how to implement filters.
- Describe Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
- Identify EAP traffic flow.
- Describe the purpose of certificates.
- Configure server certificates.
- Describe EAP mechanisms.
- Configure EAP.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: RADIUS Overview
- RADIUS Role
- RADIUS Packets
- Shared Secrets
- Authentication Protocols
- RADIUS Accounting
Chapter 3: Introduction to Windows/Cisco RADIUS
- Windows AD Editions
- Create group account on AD
- Installing NPS role
- NPS Installation
- NPS Management
Chapter 4: Radius Carrier Clients and Users
- Adding Radius Clients
- Clients and Users configuration
- Add Users to AD group
Chapter 5: Statistics, Reports, and Troubleshooting
- Reports and Log Files
- Reports and Troubleshooting Lab
Chapter 6: Authentication Policies
- Authentication Policies
- RADIUS vs TACACS+
- Authentication Options Lab
Chapter 7: Introduction to LDAP Authentication
- LDAP Authentication Overview
- LDAP Authentication Configuration
Chapter 8: Extensible Authentication Protocol
- Create self singed certificate
- Discuss public Certificates
- Overview of EAP
- Configuring EAP
Why choose Tip Technology?
- Tip Technologies provide you courseware with presentation slides, practice questions, answer templates and exam guidance
- We make the learning experience enjoyable
- We provide pre- and post-course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands-on, using real-world examples