WE ARE COMMITTED TO MAKING YOUR TRAINING EXPERIENCE WORTHWHILE
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 25th 2018 its objective is to enhance security and transparency of data processing within the European Union (EU), whilst giving EU citizens greater control over their data. The GDPR regulation unifies data processing practices within the EU, and must be adhered to by all companies globally if they are processing large quantities of data belonging to EU citizens.
The development of GDPR is the first alteration and revamp to data protection laws in 20 years – it replaces the outdated EU Directive 95/46/EC that has not kept up with the initiation and development of the “internet age”. The regulation aims to protect EU citizens from security breaches revealing their personal data, whilst ensuring that any data processing concerning any natural persons is lawful, fair, and within the predetermined scope agreed when consent was given. Any deviations from the regulations set out within GDPR, will be subject to substantial fines that can reach €20m or 4% of annual worldwide turnover – which ever is greater.
The instigation of the GDPR is much more than a fine-based system – it has additional benefits for citizens looking to engage with and ensure that their personal data is protected, and for businesses benefits include lower data storage costs and the ability to demonstrate compliance to build trust between stakeholders, investors, Data Subjects, and the public.
This 2-day EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) training course provides a comprehensive introduction to GDPR’s context terminology, and compliance mechanisms. Candidates will learn how to plan a continuous and longitudinal compliance programme, whilst appreciating the multifaceted role of a Data Protection Officer (DPO), Data Controller, and Data Processor under the GDPR.
The GDPR took effect on May 25th 2018 and it require organisations that process, monitor, and store data belonging to EU citizens, to transform their marketing, system, and processing methods drastically to ensure the safety of data against cyber attacks and breaches. Hence, this course describe the alteration required within an organisation in order to make their systems more functional and fully compliant. Candidates will learn to appreciate the necessity of GDPR, as a response to the development of technology and the malicious proliferation of cyber-attacks; in addition to developing their awareness of non-compliance fines: 4% of the previous year’s global turnover or €20 million, depending on the severity of the breach and the deemed offence “tier”.
There are no pre-requisites for this course – it is open to all individuals interested in enhancing their knowledge of the GDPR
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals looking to elevate their knowledge of GDPR. Individuals that would benefit from undertaking this course include:
- Information Security Professionals
- Compliance Officers
- Data Protection Officers
- Risk Managers
- Privacy Managers
- IT Security Professionals
GDPR Foundation Course Outline
This 2-day General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR and an overview of the key implementation and compliance activities required for GDPR which started May 25th 2018. This GDPR Foundation course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the GDPR
- Key GDPR terminology
- An introduction to the GDPR structure – the legal articles
- Main differences between the Data Protection Act and the EU GDPR
- Principles of the GDPR
- Key roles and features of the GDPR
- The rights of Data subjects
- Lawful processing of personal data
- Subject access requests and how to deal with them
- Complying with the EU GDPR
- Privacy by design
- Binding Corporate Rules
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Breach reporting and responses
- The role of DPO
Why choose Tip Technology?
- Tip Technologies provide you courseware, with presentation slides, practice questions, answer templates and exam guidance
- We make the learning experience enjoyable
- We provide pre- and post-course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training are hands-on, using real-world example
- We have an extremely high global pass rate
Advantages of GDPR Training
- Shows commitment to the field of information security Compliance
- Helps you stand out in a competitive market of PII compliance
- Assurance of PII credibility when dealing with other companies or clients
- Keep up to date with Data Governance and compliance